Dear Single Girl,
I don’t know you personally, yet, but there are a few things I want to
tell you with the hope that I will get to know you some day.
Actually, there are 5 things I want you to know:
1. How to get a man’s attention. The guy that you are looking for
isn’t attracted to charm as much as he is Godliness because beauty
fades but Godliness GROWS (1 Peter 3:3-5). I know that the culture will
tell you that guys are turned away and intimidated by girls that love
Jesus and have strong values and convictions. Culture is wrong; boys may be turned away by strong convictions, but men are not. Be the woman God has called you to be, and a godly man will notice.
2. Run from “Prince Charming”. Some girls seem to give attention to every smooth talker and cool dresser that comes their way. Please don’t do that; be patient and wait on a man who is concerned with pursuing Jesus, not another trophy. Only give the GROWING, God fearing man a chance to pursue you. Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain (Prov 31:30).
3. I am just a guy, not a god. A guy will crumble under the weight of being your god. No other person can complete you or make you happy. There
are lots of great physical and emotional benefits that come from a
relationship, but none of it is enough to sustain a healthy loving
marriage if your faith is not in Jesus.
No guy will complete you, so don’t put him on that pedestal (he will fall).
4. Don’t wait on me, pursue Jesus. From my male perspective,
there is nothing more attractive than a woman being obedient to Jesus
and taking the risk to follow Jesus wherever He leads. Too many times I
notice girls in the church just sitting and waiting on a man to come and
rescue them from a life of boredom. When it comes time for me to pick a
partner, I want somebody that can follow me on an adventure, not
someone that is used to doing nothing and complaining about the fact
that no one is interested in them. Pursue Jesus and I will pursue you when He gives me the green light.
5. Time is not running out. Singleness is a gift, not a curse.
You want to be beautiful? Put your hope in God and don’t give way to
fear; trust his timing (1 John 4:18). Don’t waste your single years by
always waiting on what is next and turning yourself into a man chaser.
Let’s follow God right now and trust Him to take care of the next. God is sovereign and able to direct both of us to each other when the time is right.
A Single Guy